Wednesday 5 October 2016

The art trail


We are back in the UK again, but on our penultimate day in Greece we decided to visit Athens as most galleries had just opened after the August break, and we wanted to see some of the new exhibitions.




First stop, the Hardjikyriakou-Ghika annex of the Benaki Museum.




Square bowl by Vicky Philippou




A gorgeous, large bowl by Theodora Horafa




a different view

It's the texture, impossible to appreciate in a photograph, that sets Horafa's ceramics apart.




Next stop, Skoufa Gallery




Photograph by Giorgis Gerolybos




looking closer




looking closer




Manuel Felisi (mixed media? I'm not sure)




looking closer




Thekla Papadopoulou.


We saw three more exhibitions, but there will be separate posts for those.



2 comments:

  1. I really like the photo by Gerolybos, and love that piece by Felisi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photograph is extraordinary: I thought it must have been mixed media, enhanced with acrylic or watercolour, so I had to ask, but it is a photograph. I could not stop looking at it. As for the Felisi, I love seeing underwater images of swimmers.

    ReplyDelete